Weight Loss Counter

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Inches Lost

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Surgery Days

LilySlim Exercise days tickers

Exercise Counter

LilySlim Exercise days tickers

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Chicken Zucchini Poppers



I found this recipe on pinterest, like I do most of my recipes, and then I saw several of my facebook friends posting it so I knew that I had to try it. I changed the recipe a bit to my liking and you can do the same. They turned out so deliciously excellent. I dipped them in lite honey mustard!

Ingredients:

  • 2c grated zucchini (leave peel on)
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
  • 3-4 Tbsp cilantro, minced
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1 tsp salt
  • ½ tsp pepper
  • olive oil, for cooking
  • 1 lb. ground chicken breast

Instructions:

  • Toss chicken with zucchini, onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper. Don't worry if it seems too wet, its just from the zucchini.
  • Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Use a small scoop or a heaped tablespoon to scoop meatballs into the pan. Cook 8-10 at a time for about 5-6 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown and the centers are cooked through. The center should be bouncy but not squishy. Remember ground turkey and ground chicken cook a lot faster than ground beef.
  • Serve with your favorite dip.


The only thing I didn't like about this recipe was frying it in the pan. Next time I am going to try baking them. Enjoy!

Yields 20 poppers
Serving Size 4

Calories 204
Fat 11.4g (can be majorly reduced by baking instead of frying)
Carbs 3.2g
Protein 19.6g
Sodium 534 mg









No comments:

Post a Comment